THE FGASA JOB MARKET
CALLING ALL GUIDES
|Khotso is growing and looking for a youthful, enthusiastic guide to grow with us in this brand new position. We are a 1300 hectare working sheep and horse farm in the foothills of the Southern Drakensberg with a variety of accommodation ranging from self catering to camping. |
We are looking for someone who is FUN yet RESPONSIBLE.
We currently offer 3 day horse riding and hiking trails into Lesotho but are looking to expand our activities to include guided day hikes and possibly canoeing/rafting.
Your role will include:
* entertaining guests at the backpackers lodge in the evening while using this time to actively promote our activities.
* Finding new hiking routes and activities.
* Assisting with business development for outdoor activities and team building activities
* Guide hiking, horse trails and possibly rafting as well as potentially team building activities.
You will be expected to gain a strong knowledge of the local culture, history and geography so as to be able to inform the guests along the trails.
Remuneration will be in the form of a basic monthly salary, board and lodgings and commissions.
For enquiries please contact Alexis Boyle by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 072 4939 245
PEAK DMC SOUTHERN AFRICA - OVERLAND LEADER – PERMANENT AND FREELANCE
As part of the Intrepid Group, PEAK DMC is the operator for the vast majority of tours operated for such brands as Intrepid, Peregrine, Gecko´s, The Family Adventure Company and many more.
We provide quality group adventure holidays throughout the entire Southern Africa, both scheduled and tailor-made and sustainably operated.
Your responsibility as a tour leader will be leading groups of up to 24 customers on trips with a duration of one to four weeks to the most captivating destinations in Southern Africa.
- Day-to-day running of our trips according to itinerary and budget
- Constantly show high levels of customer service to our guests
- Support PEAK DMC in enhancing the tours we operate
- Fulfil administrative requirements in a timely manner
- Cooking camp meals for clients
- And many more…
Regions we cover as business:
- South Africa passport or SA residency permit
- Customer Service Experience
- Basic computer skills including Email, Word and Excel
- Fluency in English
- Travel experience in the region to be employed
- All applicants must have a valid Level 1 first aid certificate not older than 12 months
If you are a mature, highly motivated, organised, outgoing and adventurous person with excellent communication and leadership skills, we want to speak with you!
- South Africa
To apply, e-mail your CV to email@example.com by 30 June 2017.
PEAK DMC SOUTHERN AFRICA - OVERLAND COOK – PERMANENT
PEAK DMC is an overland tour operator that operates tours for various brands within Southern Africa. We are currently looking for Overland Cooks to join our professional team. Candidates should have a valid level 1 first aid certificate, passport and experience in cooking camp meals for groups up to 24, catering for different dietary requirements. Interested candidates can forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and the closing date for all applications are on the 3oth June 2017. Only applications from South African citizens or holders of a valid work permit or permanent residency will be accepted.
SAFARILIVE GUIDING OPPORTUNITY
|WildEarth are looking for a presenter/field guide to host our (filmed) Live Safari broadcasts for clients such as National Geographic channel in 2017. We are based in the SabiSands and are open to CV's with the following minimum qualifications please: at least 2 years field guiding at a respectable lodge, FGASA Level 2 (theory), a valid first aid certificate and a PrDP. Your CV can be sent to email@example.com. You are also welcome to call 082 326 6292 for more information about the opportunity. |
Feel free to view any of our live safari's at www.wildsafarilive.com daily between 05h30 - 08h30 and 16h00 - 19h00. Preference will be given to Trails Guides who are keen on potential careers hosting wildlife shows in front of a video camera to an audience and, who have an interest in photo/videography.
Salary: approx. R30 000 per month, depending on qualifications and experience.
SEVERAL POSITION IN HOEDSPRUIT AREA RANGING FROM HEAD GUIDES TO JUNIOR GUIDES AND EXPERIENCED FIELD GUIDES
|Luxury 5* game lodge situated within Big 5 Reserve, in Hoedspruit, Limpopo, seeks suitably qualified and experienced Field Guides to join our team. |
· Day/Night guided game drives
· Assist with safari related activities
· Hosting of guests
· Routine & Preventative vehicle maintenance
Requirements for this position:
· Min two years experience as field guide in a big five area
· Min FGASA NQF2
· POSLEC/ SASSETA
· Backup Trails
· First Aid Level 1
· DEAT/NDT registered
· Code 08 licence with valid PDP
· Must be well spoken and presentable
· Be mature & professional with sober habits
Leave cycle: 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off
Salary: R 6 500.00 per month CTC - Negotiable depending on experience
Meals, uniform, accommodation included
Please send summarised CV, copy of your ID and necessary qualifications with your application.
Cell: +27 83 604 3134
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Email: email@example.com
If you have not received a response within 14 days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
FIELD GUIDE - VAALWATER, WATERBERG
|Private game reserve with newly opened luxury lodge consisting of 12 rooms. |
To be considered you must have the follow:
Salary: R8,000 per month that includes contributions to medical aid and pension fund. Negotiable to the right candidate depending on qualifications and experience, the package will also include: Please only apply if you fit the above description and requirements, send through your CV, photo and 2 written references to be considered to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field guide in a similar 4 or 5* lodge environment
- A FGASA level 1 (level 2 preferred) qualification or higher with theory and practical completed
- Registered with DEAT and THETA in terms of improving his/her qualifications
- Full Trails guide certificate (preferred)
- Valid first aid certificate
- Valid Advance Rifle Handling certificate (preferred)
- A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP
- Excellent communication and people handling skills
Closing date: 15 April 2017
THE TWO OCEANS AQUARIUM - TWO FULL TIME VISITOR SERVICES GUIDE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
|VISITOR SERVICES DEPARTMENT |
Visitor Services Guide
The Two Oceans Aquarium has two full time Visitor Services Guide positions available. The main function of the Visitor Services Guides is to engage and interact with the Aquarium’s visitors, VIP’s and members on its animal and plant collection from the two oceans around the South African Coast.
We are therefore looking for candidates who possess:
You will be required to interact with visitors at the touch pool and microscope and all gallery areas of the Aquarium. Training will be provided where required.
- A BSc in Life Sciences or Oceanography
- an interest in marine life and a caring attitude for the environment
- a friendly and out-going personality
- the ability to communicate well at all levels
- an ability to remain calm in a busy environment
Successful candidates must be prepared to work weekend and public holiday shifts.
Preference will be given to candidates who add to the diversity of our organisation.
If you have had no response from the Aquarium in two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply, please submit your C.V. and covering letter to the HR Manager Les Mc Donald by Fax: (021) 418 3952 or email Les.McDonald.email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 9 April 2017. Preferred starting date: 1 May 2017
PRIVATE GAME LODGE IN THE CONCESSION NORTH EAST OF THE PILANESBURG
|A private game lodge in the concession north east of the Pilanesburg in a reserve called Black Rhino. We are building a 20 sleeper, high end luxury game lodge, and require a FGASA qualified Field Guide to come on board. |
We will be initially opening with 5 rooms , and build an additional 5 during this year and next.
We will do a soft opening first, and then look at officially launching by August the latest.
The applicant will be offered a salary in accordance with their CV , as well as housing and food when and if applicable.
We are looking for an applicant who is good with people and obviously loves nature and wildlife, someone whom is clearly passionate and excited about guiding. Walks are possible.
There will be a level of hospitality and servicing of guests.
Brenno 078 804 7590
TANZANIA - WALKING GUIDE/TRAINER FOR A 3 MONTH PERIOD
|We are looking for an Advanced Field Guide NQF4 (level 2) trails guide from mid June – mid September 2017 ( Tanzania laws will allow for trainer for that period) and then again from mid September to mid December. |
If you have the necessary qualifications and would like the opportunity to guide in Tanzania please contact:
FREELANCE FIELD/TOUR GUIDE, JOHANNESBURG
|Adventure Anywhere is a small adventure & safari startup based out of Johannesburg. We run tours to Pilanesberg, Kruger and smaller locales such as the Cradle of Humankind. We are looking for a guide to run tours when our head guide is already booked. This is not a full time position and would suit someone who could help us out in a pinch as we move forward in promoting our business. |
* FGASA NQF2
* Min 6 months guiding experience
* Code 08 license with valid PDP
* Good level of English, well spoken & presentable
* Flexible - be able to run tours at short notice
* Based in Johannesburg
* Ensure guests receive the highest standard of the safari/tour experience
* Ensure safety & well being of guests on tour
* Take full responsibility of game drive vehicle & company equipment necessary for each tour
* Book additional activities as requested
* Your own transport
THE RIETVLEI COFFEE SHOP AND LION TOURS (WITHIN THE RIETVLEI NATURE RESERVE)
|The Rietvlei Coffee Shop and Lion Tours (within the Rietvlei Nature Reserve) is currently offering an exciting new permanent or temporary junior guiding position. Guides will be required to conduct lion tours, within our 150ha lion enclosure, as well as game drives within the 3800ha nature reserve. |
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements, be registered as a Nature Guide with NDT/Gauteng Tourism Authority, have completed a FGASA NQF2 (Level one) or equivalent nature based qualification, have a valid PDrP drivers license and have a valid first aid level one certificate.
Salary/wages will be negotiated according to the applicants’ qualifications and experience in the field.
Please email CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, successful applicants will be notified telephonically. If you are not notified within two weeks after applying, consider your application unsuccessful.
FRENCH-SPEAKING DRIVERS AND/OR GUIDES IN SOUTH AFRICA
|Bonjour , |
nous sommes un TO basé à Windhoek depuis 2003 et aimerions développer le marché francophone sur l'Afrique du Sud .
Nous avons un problème de chauffeur/guide freelance francophone sur ce pays car la demande est récurrente .
Si cela vous intéresse vous pouvez me contacter par mail : Thierry JOLAINE email@example.com . J'habite en France
et suis en charge du développement de ce marché . www.dunas-safari.com .
GUIDE AND ASSISTANT POSITION TO FILL WITH LEADING EASTERN CAPE TOUR OPERATOR
|Guide and assistant Position To fill with Leading Eastern Cape Tour Operator |
Successful applicant is required to have:
- FGASA level 1 or 2 qualifications.
- Valid Cathsseta certificate, Professional drivers permit and First Aid certificates
- 3 to 5 years guiding experience, preferably in the Eastern Cape.
- Be familiar with the mechanics of motor vehicles and their maintenance.
- Be familiar with the marketing of a tourism product.
- An open and engaging personality, be mature and somewhat world wise.
- Reliable transport.
- Accommodation in Port Elizabeth.
- Pay a competitive monthly salary.
- Pay a competitive guiding fee for each tour and transfer completed.
- Pay a month bonus or part thereof at the end of the year.
- Make monthly contributions to UIF and PAYE
- Review the package on an annual basis
- Require the successful candidate to work a three month probationary period.
The position requires a candidate to guide mostly foreign guests to a wide variety of mainly nature based destinations in and around the Eastern Cape including marine excursions, Camping trips and including Big 5 game reserves.
The position requires the successful candidate to have a working knowledge of motor vehicles, the licencing and maintenance of the vehicles and other work related jobs that need attending to.
The successful candidate will at all time be required to keep his / her qualifications, driver’s licenses and First Aid certificates current and up to date.
Alan Fogarty firstname.lastname@example.org