THE FGASA JOB MARKET
TANZANIA - WALKING GUIDE/TRAINER FOR A 3 MONTH PERIOD
|We are looking for an Advanced Field Guide NQF4 (level 2) trails guide from mid June – mid September 2017 ( Tanzania laws will allow for trainer for that period) and then again from mid September to mid December. |
If you have the necessary qualifications and would like the opportunity to guide in Tanzania please contact:
FREELANCE FIELD/TOUR GUIDE, JOHANNESBURG
|Adventure Anywhere is a small adventure & safari startup based out of Johannesburg. We run tours to Pilanesberg, Kruger and smaller locales such as the Cradle of Humankind. We are looking for a guide to run tours when our head guide is already booked. This is not a full time position and would suit someone who could help us out in a pinch as we move forward in promoting our business. |
* FGASA NQF2
* Min 6 months guiding experience
* Code 08 license with valid PDP
* Good level of English, well spoken & presentable
* Flexible - be able to run tours at short notice
* Based in Johannesburg
* Ensure guests receive the highest standard of the safari/tour experience
* Ensure safety & well being of guests on tour
* Take full responsibility of game drive vehicle & company equipment necessary for each tour
* Book additional activities as requested
* Your own transport
SAFARILIVE GUIDING OPPORTUNITY
|WildEarth are looking for a presenter/field guide to host our (filmed) Live Safari broadcasts for clients such as National Geographic channel in 2017. We are based in the SabiSands and are open to CV's with the following minimum qualifications please: at least 2 years field guiding at a respectable lodge, FGASA Level 2 (theory), a valid first aid certificate and a PrDP. Your CV can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to call 082 326 6292 for more information about the opportunity. |
Feel free to view any of our live safari's at www.wildsafarilive.com daily between 05h30 - 08h30 and 16h00 - 19h00. Preference will be given to Trails Guides who are keen on potential careers hosting wildlife shows in front of a video camera to an audience and, who have an interest in photo/videography.
Salary: approx. R30 000 per month, depending on qualifications and experience.
OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATION POSITION
|We are a tour operator based in Glenferness area (near Kyalami) looking for a candidate to fill an Operations Administration position within our office. |
Your main role would be the assistance in organising and maintaining a fleet of vehicles and paperwork and accounts related to this. Therefore previous vehicle fleet experience and / or booking keeping could be advantageous.
The candidate would be assisting the Operations Manager with Administration. There are mainly administration tasks in the position, but some operational and manual tasks involved as well.
Administration experience is necessary. The role for this Operations Assistant requires a logical thinker with specific attention to detail while at the same time being able to “think out the box”. There is an integral scheduling element; therefore good organisational and planning in advance for “the bigger picture” would be necessary. Candidate will work within a team environment therefore an excellent level of communication is needed, with a strong logistical brain. Applicant must be organised and will be dealing with administration in an office environment. They must be adept at computer skills and have knowledge of working with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word and Outlook).
Travel experience in Southern Africa or previous guiding/vehicle experience would be beneficial but not a requirement.
C1 Licence would be advantageous but not a requirement
Applicant must be honest, trustworthy & reliable, and willing to work under pressure to reach deadlines.
Salary R8000-10000 depending on experience.
Please send your summarised CV for attention Doug at email@example.com and we will contact you.
Should you not be contacted back within 14 days of application please consider your application for this position as unsuccessful. We keep a record of all CV's and may contact you in the future should suitable positions come available.
ROYAL MALEWANE FIELD GUIDE POSITION
|Royal Malewane Field Guide position |
· To participate in the day to day operations of the rangers & trackers department and to ensure that the highest possible standard is obtained.
· To maintain and improve the standards of game viewing and tracking.
· To give guests a complete experience and a perfect stay by ensuring guests are experiencing the highest standard of the safari experience
· To ensure that guests are safe and secure at all times and that the Ranger is in control
· To ensure all interaction with guests are professional, warm, welcoming and personalized
· To be able to host guests when required
· To regularly update all courses, for example firearm and first aid training.
· To create a friendly and inviting environment and to uphold the image of Royal Malewane at all times
· To assist other departments
· To take full responsibility for the game-drive vehicles, fire-arms, and all other equipment
· To ensure that all rangers and trackers understand legal procedures at the lodge
· To do bush walks with guests
Requirements & Qualifications for this position
· We are looking for individuals that have a thorough knowledge of local fauna and flora, and all other aspects that will ensure a complete guiding experience.
· The best candidate must be passionate, energetic and hardworking and have strong communication skills, as well as organisational and leadership qualities.
· The ideal candidate should have a minimum FGASA level 3 qualification.
· Remuneration will be based on years of active guiding in a dangerous game area, with SKS DG & SKS birding qualifications being an advantage.
· The best candidate should be able to stay calm under pressure. It is important for The Royal Portfolio to ensure the right candidate will see themselves as part of a team and fit into our culture.
Human Resource Assistant
Tel: +27 15 793 0150 (ext 145)
Email: Kathrine@royalmalewane.com | Website: www.royalmalewane.com
SEVERAL POSITION IN HOEDSPRUIT AREA RANGING FROM HEAD GUIDES TO JUNIOR GUIDES AND EXPERIENCED FIELD GUIDES
|Luxury 5* game lodge situated within Big 5 Reserve, in Hoedspruit, Limpopo, seeks suitably qualified and experienced Field Guides to join our team. |
· Day/Night guided game drives
· Assist with safari related activities
· Hosting of guests
· Routine & Preventative vehicle maintenance
Requirements for this position:
· Min two years experience as field guide in a big five area
· Min FGASA NQF2
· POSLEC/ SASSETA
· Backup Trails
· First Aid Level 1
· DEAT/NDT registered
· Code 08 licence with valid PDP
· Must be well spoken and presentable
· Be mature & professional with sober habits
Leave cycle: 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off
Salary: R 6 500.00 per month CTC - Negotiable depending on experience
Meals, uniform, accommodation included
Please send summarised CV, copy of your ID and necessary qualifications with your application.
Cell: +27 83 604 3134
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Email: email@example.com
If you have not received a response within 14 days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
FIELD GUIDE - VAALWATER, WATERBERG
|Private game reserve with newly opened luxury lodge consisting of 12 rooms. |
To be considered you must have the follow:
Salary: R8,000 per month that includes contributions to medical aid and pension fund. Negotiable to the right candidate depending on qualifications and experience, the package will also include: Please only apply if you fit the above description and requirements, send through your CV, photo and 2 written references to be considered to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field guide in a similar 4 or 5* lodge environment
- A FGASA level 1 (level 2 preferred) qualification or higher with theory and practical completed
- Registered with DEAT and THETA in terms of improving his/her qualifications
- Full Trails guide certificate (preferred)
- Valid first aid certificate
- Valid Advance Rifle Handling certificate (preferred)
- A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP
- Excellent communication and people handling skills
Closing date: 15 April 2017
THE TWO OCEANS AQUARIUM - TWO FULL TIME VISITOR SERVICES GUIDE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
|VISITOR SERVICES DEPARTMENT |
Visitor Services Guide
The Two Oceans Aquarium has two full time Visitor Services Guide positions available. The main function of the Visitor Services Guides is to engage and interact with the Aquarium’s visitors, VIP’s and members on its animal and plant collection from the two oceans around the South African Coast.
We are therefore looking for candidates who possess:
You will be required to interact with visitors at the touch pool and microscope and all gallery areas of the Aquarium. Training will be provided where required.
- A BSc in Life Sciences or Oceanography
- an interest in marine life and a caring attitude for the environment
- a friendly and out-going personality
- the ability to communicate well at all levels
- an ability to remain calm in a busy environment
Successful candidates must be prepared to work weekend and public holiday shifts.
Preference will be given to candidates who add to the diversity of our organisation.
If you have had no response from the Aquarium in two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply, please submit your C.V. and covering letter to the HR Manager Les Mc Donald by Fax: (021) 418 3952 or email Les.McDonald.email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 9 April 2017. Preferred starting date: 1 May 2017
PRIVATE GAME LODGE IN THE CONCESSION NORTH EAST OF THE PILANESBURG
|A private game lodge in the concession north east of the Pilanesburg in a reserve called Black Rhino. We are building a 20 sleeper, high end luxury game lodge, and require a FGASA qualified Field Guide to come on board. |
We will be initially opening with 5 rooms , and build an additional 5 during this year and next.
We will do a soft opening first, and then look at officially launching by August the latest.
The applicant will be offered a salary in accordance with their CV , as well as housing and food when and if applicable.
We are looking for an applicant who is good with people and obviously loves nature and wildlife, someone whom is clearly passionate and excited about guiding. Walks are possible.
There will be a level of hospitality and servicing of guests.
Brenno 078 804 7590
FRENCH-SPEAKING DRIVERS AND/OR GUIDES IN SOUTH AFRICA
|Bonjour , |
nous sommes un TO basé à Windhoek depuis 2003 et aimerions développer le marché francophone sur l'Afrique du Sud .
Nous avons un problème de chauffeur/guide freelance francophone sur ce pays car la demande est récurrente .
Si cela vous intéresse vous pouvez me contacter par mail : Thierry JOLAINE firstname.lastname@example.org . J'habite en France
et suis en charge du développement de ce marché . www.dunas-safari.com .
GUIDE AND ASSISTANT POSITION TO FILL WITH LEADING EASTERN CAPE TOUR OPERATOR
|Guide and assistant Position To fill with Leading Eastern Cape Tour Operator |
Successful applicant is required to have:
- FGASA level 1 or 2 qualifications.
- Valid Cathsseta certificate, Professional drivers permit and First Aid certificates
- 3 to 5 years guiding experience, preferably in the Eastern Cape.
- Be familiar with the mechanics of motor vehicles and their maintenance.
- Be familiar with the marketing of a tourism product.
- An open and engaging personality, be mature and somewhat world wise.
- Reliable transport.
- Accommodation in Port Elizabeth.
- Pay a competitive monthly salary.
- Pay a competitive guiding fee for each tour and transfer completed.
- Pay a month bonus or part thereof at the end of the year.
- Make monthly contributions to UIF and PAYE
- Review the package on an annual basis
- Require the successful candidate to work a three month probationary period.
The position requires a candidate to guide mostly foreign guests to a wide variety of mainly nature based destinations in and around the Eastern Cape including marine excursions, Camping trips and including Big 5 game reserves.
The position requires the successful candidate to have a working knowledge of motor vehicles, the licencing and maintenance of the vehicles and other work related jobs that need attending to.
The successful candidate will at all time be required to keep his / her qualifications, driver’s licenses and First Aid certificates current and up to date.
Alan Fogarty email@example.com