Private Big5 game reserve with luxury lodge consisting of 14 rooms. This privately owned exclusive reserve in the Waterberg is 40km from Vaalwater and is unique offering the most amazing natural beauty to a combination of local and international guests. The field guide are responsible for conducting guided safari experiences and ensuring that they are unique, personalised, professional and enjoyable. Field guide are expected to be involved in an on-going process of self –improvement and knowledge enhancement.
We are looking for a very dedicated and passionate Guide to join our small team.
To be considered you must have the follow:
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field guide in a 5* lodge environment
- A FGASA Field Guide NQF2 level 1 (Advanced Field Guide NQF4 (level 2) preferred) qualification or higher with theory and practical completed (CATHSSETA certification)
- Registered with NDT
- Full Trails guide certificate (preferred)
- Knowledge of Waterberg preferred
- Valid first aid certificate
- Valid Advance Rifle Handling certificate (preferred)
- A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP
- Excellent communication and people handling skills
- An inherent passion for observing, sharing and learning about fauna and flora
- Co-operative – and keen to work with the balance of the team in the interests of the lodge and the guests
- Organized – with attention to detail and time
Remuneration indication: R8,000 – R15,000 per month (dependent on experience, skills and qualifications) that includes contributions to medical aid and pension fund. The package will also include:
- Bonus’s will be at the discretion of management and tips are in addition to your monthly salary.