Benefits of membership with FGASA
- Qualifications: Qualifications are of a recognized and respected standard.
- Assessments: Practical assessments are conducted at a professional level.
- FGASA bookshop: Members are entitled to buy books at discounted prices.
- Magazine & Newsletter: Members are kept informed by a colour tri-annual magazine and an on-line newsletter.
- Website: Informative website with up to date membership, qualifications and exam results.
- Learner support: Professional support available to all FGASA learners.
- Job market: Provide members with job market information.
Who can become a member of FGASA?
Anybody can become a FGASA member but you must be able to communicate in English. For Adult membership you need to be over the age of 18. (This is in order to write the exams and be practically assessed)
The Junior membership is for school learners including categories for both Primary and High school learners. (Certificates are issued on successful completion of workbooks)
Membership is for anybody who would like to:
- Follow a career in guiding
How do I become a member of FGASA?
- Online Membership Registration - Click Here
Complete the application form by filling out all the required details.Sign the FGASA Code of Conduct attached to the application form Compulsory. Pay the FGASA registration fee and the annual subscription fee to the relevant account indicated on the Application form.
How do I make a payment to FGASA?
Fees may be paid online or directly into the FGASA bank account. Please do not send cash by post. It can get lost or stolen, and we cannot take any responsibility for lost cash.
First National Bank account details:
- Your name and/or FGASA membership number (if you are already a member)
- Fax/email slip through to the FGASA office: +27 (0)11 – 886 8084, preferably together with a form or a note explaining what the money is for.
Renewal of membership (annual subscription payment)
- Registration fees are a once-off payment.
What do I get once I have joined FGASA?
As soon as your application form and relevant payment (with proof of payment) for registration and membership has been processed by the FGASA Johannesburg office you will receive the following:
- A General Information Guide
- A Field Guiding Log book (Guide member only)
- The latest Field News magazine (if available)
- Level 1 learner Support Pack and Workbook (Guide member only)
- Level 1 Learner Manual (Guide member only)
- Guiding Skills Manual (Guide member only
Membership Cards and Certificates are only issued once you have attained a FGASA qualification (Both theoretical and practical competence).